When you find yourself in a tense situation with an angry preteen, what do you do? During Session 1 of Emotions, preteens will read 1 Samuel 25 and discover effective methods for controlling their anger. Meanwhile, here are some helpful tips and resources for teachers or parents of preteens.
• tensed body
• clenched teeth
• increased intensity of speech or behavior
• unkind words or the tone of voice changes to whining or yelling
• restlessness, withdrawal, unresponsiveness, or being easily provoked
• noises with the mouth like growls or deep breathing
• squinting, rolling the eyes, or other facial expressions
Understand that every emotion is created by God. Emotions become harmful, however, when they are handled inappropriately and lead to sin. The Bible says a lot about anger. Check out some of these verses: Ephesians 4:26-27, James 1:19-20, Proverbs 15:1, Ephesians 4:31.